The Village of Lake Zurich has an immediate need for qualified candidates for the position of Telecommunicator. As a 911 Telecommunicator you would serve as the central coordination point between emergency services and the public.
The starting annual salary for this position is $57,262 with a 5/2 – 5/3 work schedule and a comprehensive benefits package.
• Answer emergency and nonemergency phone calls and in person requests.
• Monitor multiple radio frequencies for several communities regarding both police and fire services
• Dispatch police, fire, and emergency medical systems for all emergent and non-emergent requests. Monitor the status of all units (police, fire, or EMS) throughout the entire incident request.
• Gather information and forward to the appropriate department if needed. (public works, transportation department, etc.)
• Create and receive information through a computer aided dispatch system (CAD).
• Maintain required certifications (Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD), Emergency Fire Dispatch (EFD), LEADS, CPR).
• Access, enter, or modify LEADS entries according to LEADS policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Be able to function as a liaison to the public for Police, Fire, and Village services.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Apply with resume and cover letter to: Human Resources, Village of Lake Zurich, 70 E. Main St., Lake Zurich, IL 60047, or e-mail email@example.com. First review of applications Monday, August 15.
The Village of Lake Zurich complies with all federal and state laws regarding discrimination and equal employment opportunity.