Office of the Mayor
Name / AddressMayor Tom Poynton
980 Old Mill Grove Road
Lake Zurich, IL 60047
Family and resident information
- Vietnam era veteran of U.S. Army
- Resident since 1984
- Married to Jan
- Children: Tracie, Kim, and Chris
- Grandchildren: Nathan, Morgan, Olivia, Oscar, Parker
- B.S. State University of New York at Buffalo, Business Management
- 35-year sales and marketing professional in consumer packaged goods industry
- Former small business owner
- Countryside East Subdivision Homeowners representative
- Booster and volunteer at Sarah Adams School, Middle School South, and High School
- Quarterback Club
- Ela soccer coach and volunteer
- Parks recreation volunteer for Kids Kingdom
- Haunted house
- July 4th Picnic, and Triathlon
- St. Francis De Sales church parishioner
- Citizens Corp. member
- Lake Zurich Area Chamber of Commerce member
- Elected as Village President, 2013, 2017, 2021. Current term ends April 2025.
- Elected as Village Trustee 2007, 2011
- Public Safety Committee Chairman
- Finance Committee member
- Community and Police Advisory Committee member
Village issues most concerned with(not in priority order)
- Sustaining and improving the Village of Lake Zurich’s financial and economic health.
- The continued refinement and updating of long-range financial plans, the Comprehensive Plan, and 20-year Community Investment Plan (CIP).
- Controlling growth and improving the overall aesthetic look of the community by creative and long-term planning and infrastructure improvement and limiting tax burdens on residents and businesses..
- The continued establishment of green initiatives, including new lighting ordinances and Kuechmann Arboretum.
- Increasing, where applicable, the Village’s already high level of customer service and high levels of communication between the board, committees, staff and the community.
- Message from the Mayor on Social Justice Rally 6/4/2020 as published in Benchmarks.
- Simply put … continue working to make Lake Zurich better.