Instructions for Door-to-Door Solicitation
When Required: A permit shall be required when seeking to sell, offer for sale, deliver, barter, exchange, or obtain a gift, a contribution, a subscription or any other goods or services, whether for a charitable, political, commercial, or noncommercial organization or purpose. If more than one solicitor shall be soliciting on behalf of a business or organization, then the names, addresses and telephone numbers of those individuals will be made available to the person directly in charge of such solicitors and to the Lake Zurich Police Department.
- Exceptions: Persons under the age of 17 shall not be required to obtain a solicitor’s permit.
- Where to Submit: Submit solicitor permit applications in person or via mail to: Lake Zurich Police Department, Attention Solicitor Permits, 200 Mohawk Trail, Lake Zurich, IL 60047
- Hours: No person shall solicit anywhere in the Village at any time between the hours of 9:00 pm and 9:00 am on any day.
- Display of Permit: All solicitors shall prominently display the solicitor’s permit on the front and outside of their clothing at all times while soliciting in the Village.
- No Solicitors Signs: No solicitor shall solicit at any premises which bear a No Solicitors, No Trespass or No Peddling sign or any other notice similar in manner. Solicitors are obligated to look.
- Photos: Solicitor applicants must submit with the application, two recent facial photos measuring 2” x 2”. Applications will not be processed without photos. Polaroid photos may be used but the photos must be clear, contain the entire face, and fit within the 2” x 2” area.
- Expiration: Solicitor permits shall be valid for a period not to exceed 60 days.
- Approved: Approved permits shall be available within 10 days.
Instructions for Charitable Solicitation on Public Right-of-Way
Application: Organizations wishing to apply for a Charitable Solicitation on Public Right-of-Way permit shall complete the application for solicitation permit available at the Lake Zurich Police Department.
- No person shall engage in charitable solicitation on any public right-of-way within the Village between the hours of 7:30 pm and 6:30 am.
- Charitable solicitation on public right-of-way within the Village may only occur at intersections which require traffic to come to a complete stop.
- No person younger than 16 years of age shall engage in charitable solicitation on public right-of- way within the Village.
- Every business or organization represented by a solicitor engaged in charitable solicitation on any public right-of-way within the Village shall be registered with the Illinois Attorney General’s Office.
- Prior to engaging in charitable solicitation, the solicitor shall provide to the Chief of Police, a Certificate of Insurance issued by an insurance company indicating that the insurance company will insure the solicitor, business or organization against any injury to any person or property during the solicitation. Such insurance shall name the Village of Lake Zurich as an additional insured and shall state that the policy shall not be amended or cancelled during the period of the permitted solicitation. The policy shall reflect at least the following coverage: Personal Injury: Coverage to contain at least $1,000,000.00 per occurrence and $500,000.00 per person.Property Damage: Coverage to contain at least $100,000.00.
- Charitable solicitation on public right-of-way permits shall be for a period not to exceed 60 days.