Maintenance of the Village’s fleet vehicles and equipment is the responsibility of the Fleet Services Division.
Service is provided to:
- All divisions of the Public Works Department
- Police Department
- Fire Department
- Building and Zoning
- Parks and Recreation
Due to the nature of emergency vehicles, personnel are on call 24 hours per day, seven days per week. The three individuals employed in this division perform preventative maintenance on a regularly scheduled basis and emergency repairs on approximately 175 pieces of equipment. Besides emergency vehicles, trucks, and cars, this division also maintains tractors, mowers, saws, and other equipment used throughout the Village.
In addition to the above, these employees:
- Prepare specifications and provide recommendations for the purchase of fleet vehicles
- Provide welding and fabrication services
- Perform set-up services for new emergency vehicles, including the radio installation
- Maintain emergency generators at all fire and police stations
Ela Township & Village of Hawthorn Woods
The Village recently entered into an intergovernmental agreement with Ela Township to provide fleet repair services. Fleet Services also provides fuel service for the Village of Hawthorn Woods and Kildeer.