Village Parks & Facilities
The Village of Lake Zurich offers a multitude of public park spaces throughout the community. About 245 acres of park assets are spread across our 32 public parks featuring a variety of amenities, from beaches, to playgrounds to playing surfaces. Open spaces are ideal for getting outdoors and participating in an active lifestyle. Active lifestyles support the health and well-being of all residents, young and old.
Shelter / Stage Reservations
The Village of Lake Zurich is home to 32 parks developed to provide a variety of amenities including numerous shelters and athletic fields available for seasonal rental. Fees help keep the shelters and fields clean and in working order at these picturesque parks. (Neighborhood shelters are available on a first come, first serve basis; Paulus Park shelters are available on a first come, first serve basis when not already reserved.)
Please note the following:
- Paulus Park picnic shelters and park fields are reservable or available on a first-come, first served basis. The Village of Lake Zurich does not guarantee absolute privacy to any group. Your reservation will reserve only the facility you are using, not the entire park or other facilities within the park.
- The Village of Lake Zurich cannot guarantee absolute privacy to any group. Your reservation will reserve only the facility you are using, not the entire park or other facilities within the park.
- Alcohol is not permitted in the parks without a proper permit. In order to have alcohol in these parks, you must have a reservation and an alcohol permit, which can be obtained by submitting the necessary paperwork including a certificate of insurance and payment to Village Hall. For further information on liquor licenses, please click here.
- Public improvements and/or construction may be underway during the time of your reservation. The Village of Lake Zurich makes every attempt to schedule around events and shelter reservations whenever possible, however, this is not a guarantee. Please keep in mind improvements to parks and infrastructure continues throughout the year.
- Upon making a reservation, groups agree to adhere to all park rules.
Public/Private Special Event Requests (hosted on Village Property)
The mission of the Village of Lake Zurich’s signature events is to provide a diverse program of events that will enhance the already high quality of life in Lake Zurich as well as provide exposure and traffic for our local community businesses and organizations.
The Village of Lake Zurich is proud to offer and host a wide variety of special events throughout the year that help to create a sense of community and foster civic pride in Lake Zurich residents.
If you are interested in holding a special event on Village of Lake Zurich park property, please click here for our Special Event Policies and Application. Feel free to contact the Village of Lake Zurich Park and Recreation Director, Bonnie Caputo, with any questions or to submit your event request at 847-540-5068 or Bonnie.Caputo@lakezurich.org.
Commemorative Park Amenity Programs
There are several ways that you can remember someone and improve your neighborhood or community park. The Village of Lake Zurich offers a memorial program for trees and benches. For information, call 847-438-5146.
Give Where You Live
Investing in our parks demonstrates our community's dedication to preserving, protecting and improving natural green spaces throughout Lake Zurich.
The Give Where You Live program provides additional donation opportunities that would further support the parks, natural areas, recreation programs and recreation participants in need in our community.
How to make a Shelter or Field Reservation
- Reservations are accepted the first calendar day of the year for Lake Zurich residents and as of February 1st for nonresidents of Lake Zurich.
- To check availability and to make a reservation, you will need to contact the Village of Lake Zurich Park and Recreation Department at 847-438-5146 (office hours vary based on the season; open Monday-Friday).
- Reservation form must be submitted along with payment to reserve your shelter or field. Daily rental fees can be found on the reservation form.
- Full payment is due at the time of processing your reservation. Credit card (MasterCard or Visa), check or cash are accepted methods of payment. All reservations are subject to our cancelation policy (can be viewed on the reservation application).
Fees (plus convenience fees)
- Resident (Individual/Organization) - Under 100 people - $90 / 100 or more - $120
- Non-Resident (Individual/Organization) - Under 100 people - $125 / 100 or more -$175
- Please note that reservations for groups 100+ require approval from the Park Advisory Board and Village Board.
- Shelter & Field Rental Application
Available Shelters (mid-April through September; picnic tables and electric are only available at the Paulus Park shelters):
- Paulus Park- 200 S. Rand Road
- Woodland Trails Pavilion – Located on the North end of the park
- Playground Pavilion – Located in the middle of the park
- Center Stage Pavilion – Located on the South end of the park
- Lakeside Pavilion - Located east, closest to the Lake
- Paulus Park Stage - 200 South Rand Road
Available Fields (pending weather and sports affiliate calendar):
- Braemar Park - 608 Chesterfield Lane
- Bristol Trails Park - 1130 Bristol Trails Road
- Buffalo Creek Park - 675 Old Mill Grove Road
- Chestnut Corners/Hunters Creek - 1235 Pheasant Ridge Dr
- Countryside East Soccer - 683 Old Mill Grove
- Countryside West Soccer - 1200 Deerpath
- Manor Park - 5 Miller Road
- Old Mill Grove Park - 285 Old Mill Grove
- Orchards Park - 567 Lawrence
- Staples Park - 510 Red Bridge Road
- Wicklow Ball Field - 815 March Street
- Wicklow West Park - 1154 O'Malley Street
- Zurites Park - 71 Pleasant