- Park & Recreation
- Beaches & Fees
Summer 2023 Season
Paulus Park Beach is scheduled to open Memorial Day weekend, May 27, 2023 and close Labor Day weekend, September 4, 2023 with Breezewald Beach to open May 30, 2023 and close August 6, 2023.
Daily beach opening times vary and are weather dependent. For up--to-date beach status, click here.
Bookmark: https://LakeZurich.org/Beach on your desktop, tablet or mobile device.
Paulus Park Beach Gatehouse: 847-540-5067
The Village of Lake Zurich Park and Recreation Department would like everyone to have a safe and enjoyable trip to our beaches this year, so we ask all visitors to follow these simple regulations established for the comfort and safety of all attendees.
Can We Answer Your Questions?
Since publishing the above information we have been collecting answers to the most frequently asked questions.
Paulus Park Beach Pass Fees
Guest Admission for Pass Holders
|5 Guest Passes||$35||$40|
|10 Guest Passes||$60||$70|
- Guest admission passes may be purchased online or at the Barn during hours of operation.
- Only Beach Pass Holders can purchase guest passes during the season.
- Guest passes do not carry over from season to season.
- All sales are final and are not eligible for refunds.
Daily Admission at Paulus Park
|3 & under||Free||Free|
|Twilight Rate 5:30 pm and later||$4||$6|
- Children utilizing the Sprayground ONLY (no beach), may gain entrance with one paying adult per family.
- Seniors (age 65 and up) receive a 15% discount on daily admissions.
- You may pay at the Paulus Park Beach House with cash, VISA and MasterCard.
Personal Non-Motorized Watercraft Usage
Lake Zurich residents only have the opportunity to launch non-motorized watercrafts from Paulus Park. Watercrafts include: Kayaks, Canoes, Paddle Boats, Windsurfers, Row Boats, Long Boards, etc. Inflatable water crafts are not permitted. All water crafts must be able to be carried down to the water as there is no launch nor driving in Paulus Park. All watercrafts need to stay in the No Wake area of Lake Zurich, wear a PFD, carry a whistle for emergencies, and review the rules of the lake. Daily and seasonal usage permits for non motorized watercrafts are available for purchase at the Barn during normal business hours, Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-4 pm or at Paulus Park Beach during their listed hours of operation. Daily permits are $5 and Seasonal (April 1-Oct 1) are $50. Daily permits are required and boating violators are subject to fines.
Click here for more information
Non-Motorized Watercraft Dry Storage
New to Paulus Park this year, we are offering limited dry storage for non-motorized watercrafts.
- When: April 1-October 1, 2023
- Who: Lake Zurich Residents Only
- Where: Paulus Park, 200 S. Rand Rd (located in front of the lakeside Chalet facility)
Hurry, this offer won’t last. Space is on a first come, first serve basis and is very limited.
- You must be a Lake Zurich Resident who pays taxes to the Village of Lake Zurich
- You must have a current nonmotorized watercraft season permit (available at the Barn or the Paulus Park gatehouse)
- You are responsible to lock up your watercraft with a lock and cable.
- You must follow the rules of the lake and have a certified USCG PFD and whistle while on the lake
Watercrafts must be launched from the non-motorized pier or sand area (left of the gated beach) at Paulus Park. Launching from the rocks or other piers is strictly prohibited.
Rental Fees: $175 per stall, per season:
Stall can accommodate 1 kayak OR 2 SUPS OR 1 Canoe (no greater than 16’)
You may rent your spot by coming into the Barn, 200 South Rand Road, open Monday-Friday 8:30 am-4 pm as availability allows.
The Village of Lake Zurich is not responsible for any damage, lost or stolen property.