Weekly yard waste collection in Lake Zurich begins April 1 and continues through the second week of December on the same day that your refuse and recycling are collected.
- Yard waste must be placed in biodegradable bags (brown paper) or cans (maximum 50 pounds) that are clearly marked as landscape waste (labeled as Yard Waste or a large X).
- Stickers are not required.
- Yard waste in plastic bags will not be collected.
- Branches should be tightly tied with biodegradable string or twine, in a bundle not exceeding four feet in length or 50 pounds in weight.
- Yard waste should be placed at the curb no sooner than 7:00 pm the day before the scheduled pick up day and no later than 7:00 am on the actual pick up day.