Community Survey Shows 96% Rate Lake Zurich as an Excellent / Good Place to Live
Ratings for village government performance are strong, with some increases since 2019, the last time Lake Zurich did this survey
These past few weeks, the Village of Lake Zurich has partnered with social scientists at the National Research Center for its fourth National Community Survey.
During August and September 2021, a statistically-valid representative sample of 777 residents participated in the the survey to provide accurate feedback on ten central facets of the Lake Zurich community; they rated everything from community design and mobility to public safety and the natural environment.
Highlights from this year include:
Residents continue to rate the quality of life in Lake Zurich highly.
- 92% of residents gave excellent or good ratings to the overall quality of life in Lake Zurich as a place to live and raise children.
- 82% of residents gave favorable marks to the overall image or reputation of Lake Zurich.
- 94% of residents would recommend living in Lake Zurich to others.
Ratings for Village government performance are strong, with some increases since 2019, the last time Lake Zurich did this survey.
- 89% of residents gave excellent or good ratings to the overall customer service provided by Lake Zurich employees.
- 78% of residents were pleased with the overall quality of services provided by the Village, public information services, and the job Village government does at treating residents with respect.
- Ratings that increased since 2019 include customer service, the value of services for taxes paid, overall direction, and being honest.
The National Community Survey was previously administered in Lake Zurich in 2015, 2017, and 2019, now again in 2021, creating reliable benchmark trends to keep in touch with changing community expectations.
The National Community Survey is sponsored by the International City/County Management Association in cooperation with the National Research Center, Inc.
The questionnaire and survey procedures are designed based on the experience of hundreds of local governments, ranging in size from small to large. As each city’s survey is developed using a standard template, and many cities can be surveyed at one time, the National Community Survey is a very effective way to measure resident opinion.