Yard waste collection with Prairieland Disposal runs from April 1 to the second week of December.
Yard waste pick-up will occur on the same day as your regular pick-up day. Please make sure it's curbside no later than 7;00 am on your pick-up day.
- Yard waste must be placed in biodegradable bags (brown paper), or cans (maximum 50 pounds) that are clearly marked as landscape waste. Yard waste in plastic bags will not be collected.
- Weekly yard waste collection is included with all Prairieland Disposal service plans at no additional fee, with a limit of 15 yard waste bags. Stickers are not required.
- If you currently use a can marked with an “X” or labeled “Yard Waste” you may continue using these. All yard waste is recycled at a state-licensed compost facility.
- Branches should be tightly tied with a biodegradable string or twine, in a bundle not exceeding four feet in length or 50 pounds in weight.
- As an option for residents, Prairieland Disposal does have a container specifically for yard waste they will provide residents for $5 per month during the collection period.
Don’t forget, Prairieland Disposal also offers free electronics drop-off at their facility in Lake Barrington. Please limit this to one TV or monitor per visit and up to five other smaller electronic items.