Special Recreation Association of Central Lake County
SRACLC is hiring
Click on the images on the right to apply.
Services to Participants with DisabilitiesVillage of Lake Zurich is a Member Agency of the Special Recreation Association of Central Lake County. SRACLC, a cooperative of three park districts and four villages, provides year-round recreation programs and services for children, teens, and adults with special needs and disabilities. SRACLC offers fitness and sports, drama and music, arts and crafts, camps and day programs, and numerous other recreation opportunities. The agency strives to create new experiences, opportunities for skill development, meaningful recreation, and a safe place to make friends and “be yourself”.
SRACLC Mission StatementThe Special Recreation Association of Central Lake County provides recreation programs and services to individuals with special needs or disabilities, and their families, who reside within the boundaries of Member Agency communities.
SRACLC Vision StatementTo be a respected leader through the provision of high quality community based recreation experiences that enrich the quality of life for our participants and their families.
Want to Know More about SRACLC?
271 N Archer Ave
Mundelein, IL 60060
SRACLC offers nearly 500 recreation programs per year for people of all ages and ability, but Village of Lake Zurich believes in equal opportunity for everyone and everyone should be allowed to participate at their highest level.
Village of Lake Zurich and SRACLC together provide inclusion services to individuals with disabilities wishing to participate in the Village of Lake Zurich’s recreation programs at no additional cost to the family. Inclusion services may include, when necessary, staff training, program modifications/adaptations, adapted equipment, additional staff, and program observations.
Requesting Inclusion Services
When registering for a Village of Lake Zurich program for the first time:
- Mark the ADA accommodation section of the registration form to indicate that the participant will require assistance from SRACLC.
- Once your registration form is submitted, the Village of Lake Zurich will contact you to discuss the type of inclusion support needed for the participant.
- The Village of Lake Zurich will provide SRACLC with an inclusion request that contains both program and participant information.
- You will be contacted by Village of Lake Zurich to discuss the needs of the participant and get input on the type of support required.
- SRACLC will work with the Village of Lake Zurich to put the necessary inclusion accommodations in place for participation in the desired program(s).
- Communication between you, SRACLC, Village of Lake Zurich staff continues throughout the Inclusion process.
For more information regarding the Village of Lake Zurich Inclusion Services, contact:
Village of Lake Zurich