Police Officer Recruitment
Do you think you have what it takes to be a Lake Zurich Police Officer?
Character Counts in Lake Zurich
The Village of Lake Zurich offers full-time police officers a comprehensive benefit package including health care plans, dental, and life insurance. Additional benefits include; personal days, compensatory time, vacation days, special duty payments, flexible spending account, deferred compensation plans, employee assistance program, sick leave, and participation in a police pension fund.
Completed application packets and required documents must be received at the Lake Zurich Police Department, 200 Mohawk Trail, Lake Zurich, Illinois 60047 by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, August 30, 2018.
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Pay a $25.00 non-refundable application fee. Checks can be made out to The Village of Lake Zurich. Applicants may pay online using American Express, MasterCard, Discover Card or Visa https://LakeZurich.org/epay. At the site, click on the e-payment website link, from the Payment Category drop down select Village General, then select Police Applicant in the Purpose for Payment dropdown box and complete the payment page. Include a copy of your receipt with your application as proof of payment.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, naturalized citizen or in the process of citizenship at time of hire.
- High School diploma or equivalent high school education;
- Must be at least 21 years of age, and under 35 years of age at time of application, or as otherwise exempt by statute;
- Valid Driver’s License;
- Valid Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) issued before August 30, 2018. POWER test cards are considered valid if issued within twelve (12) months PRIOR to the application deadline (08.30.17 - 08.30.18). For more information about the POWER test go to: http://www.ptb.illinois.gov/media/1320/power.pdf
POWER tests may be taken at one of the following testing agencies:
- NIPSTA - Glenview, IL - www.nipsta.org
- Joliet Junior College - www.jjc.edu
- Triton College - www.triton.edu/power
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
The date of the mandatory orientation session and the written test will be Saturday, September 22, 2018 at Lake Zurich High School (Library) – 300 Church Street, Lake Zurich, Illinois 60047.
- Check in – 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- Orientation – 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
- Written Test – 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
How can I prepare for the exam?
Candidates can order a study guide or practice written test here: https://www.ApplyToServe.com/Study/
The guide and practice test are simply resources for candidates looking for preparation materials in advance of the test. They are not required reading in order to sit for the actual exam.